What is EOS?
10 Feb 2016
EOS®, the Entrepreneurial Operating System®, is a proven business model designed to help an entrepreneur get what he or she wants from their business. Basically, EOS leverages discipline and accountability so the business runs efficiently without the necessity of micromanagement by the entrepreneur. We like to say EOS enables a business owner to spend some time on the beach with an umbrella drink while enjoying the peace of mind that the business is on track.
EOS helps the leadership team of an entrepreneurial organization:
- Get on the same page and crystalize their VISION,
- Gain more TRACTION and execute on that vision, and
- Become a more HEALTHY and cohesive team.
EOS utilizes tools, techniques and a proven implementation process to build strong successful companies. It changes the lives of the owners and their employees by giving them back control of their business, career and life.
EOS is a simple and practical approach that involves:
- A unique combination of teaching, facilitating and coaching.
- No theory, no magic pills, no flavor of the month.
- Timeless principles that make organizations great.
The first aspect of EOS is the EOS Model which contains the 6 key components every business needs to master to be successful. It’s simple yet very powerful. Microsoft, Forbes, Inc. and many other notable organizations have recognized EOS.
- Vision – know where you are going and how you’re going to get there
- People – make sure you have the right people in the right seat
- Data – monitor leading scorecard metrics and measurements
- Issues – get clear on what they are and get them solved once and for all
- Process – document core processes – 20% will give you 80% of the value
- Traction – execution skills to ensure you achieve the vision you desire
Is EOS for you?
EOS is ideal for any small to medium sized for-profit or non-profit business in any industry. Any of the statements below sound familiar?
- Stifled growth with limited success on past attempts to move the needle
- Growing so fast they are concerned about what’s falling through the cracks
- Workforce doesn’t seem aligned and marching in the same direction
- Need to improve performance expectations and accountability
- Long list of issues and challenges that doesn’t seem to get resolved
- Working long hours while making limited progress in reaching goals and objectives
- Considering selling and have the desire to increase the business’s value
If you answered yes to any of the previous questions, EOS can address all of them.
Next Steps: Take The Organizational Checkup
EOS is a proven method with proven tools, one of which is our Organizational Checkup. This short assessment will calculate the overall health of your organization and your people. This is a great way to target the areas of your business that need immediate attention.
Are you ready to start implementing EOS in your company? Contact us for a FREE 90 minute discovery session with our CEO and Implementer Rainee Busby. You really have nothing to lose.
Be sure to check out one of the books about EOS called Traction – Get a Grip on Your Business by Gino Wickman. One of the best business books you’ll ever read!
Want more great entrepreneurial content? Read more blog content created to help and inspire entrepreneurs, business owners, and organization leaders on our blog page.